All the Back on Track horse blankets are therapeutic, and are made from a fabric that contains polyester thread embedded with a fine ceramic powder. It is designed to reflect the horse’s own body heat back into the body in the form of far infrared waves, which is a thermal heat.
Infrared waves have many therapeutic qualities and benefits:
- Increases blood circulation and oxygen to the tissues
- Reduces muscle spasms and general muscle pain and discomfort
- Reduces lactic acid in over worked muscles
- Reduces inflammation and swelling
- Relaxes horses that are nervous and tense
- Speeds up recovery between races or events
The blanket can be used to warm up muscles before exercising thereby reducing the risk of strains or injury. Most importantly it can expedite the recovery from established injuries. The blankets are helpful for all horses, but especially those with muscle problems in the shoulder or back areas. Horses that have cold backs will benefit greatly.
The Mesh Blanket is made from a breathable material so is ideal for hot weather conditions, or it can be used under a normal waterproof blanket during the cold, wet winter months.
To get the correct size measure from the wither to the tail.